How to Find a Job
Cornwall has a strong economy and many opportunities to offer newcomers. But finding a job can take hard work and time. There are a number of resources out there for job seekers to find a position. Because employers use different strategies when it comes to advertising employment opportunities, the most effective strategy for job searching is the check a variety of resources regularly.
There are a number of online job boards available to anyone with a computer. For Cornwall job seekers, an excellent resource is the ChooseCornwall website, which has its own Employment Opportunities web page that contains recent job postings from Cornwall employers. This page is updated on a regular basis, so check it often!
Other popular online resources include:
Simply enter “Cornwall Ontario” in the search bar and see the countless opportunities available to you!
In Cornwall, there are a number of employment agencies in Cornwall that match workers with jobs.
- JobZone d’emploi offers free and confidential employment services for job seekers, employers and students. Their website hosts a popular job board and they also offer informative workshops on various topics that can help prepare you for employment.
- Staffing Solutions is a local employment agency that provides businesses with qualified staff. Registration is free and involves undergoing some assessments to better match your skills with available jobs.
- Drake International helps employers recruit qualified job candidates to fill their positions.
- Kensington Park Recruitment offers free training workshops and seminars as well as personal one on one interview preparation.
- Manpower has been a world leader in employment services for more than 60 years and can help you if you’re just entering the workforce and have decided on a career change.
A job fair lets employers and job seekers meet and discuss job opportunities. Cornwall has hosted a number of job fairs in the past, with more to come. Job fairs in Cornwall are usually advertised in newspapers or on www.ChooseCornwall.ca
Newspapers generally contain an “employment opportunities” page where they post job advertisements. Cornwall’s newspapers include the Standard Freeholder, the Seaway News and Le Journal de Cornwall.