Cost of Housing
The cost of renting an apartment or house depends on:
- The size of the apartment or house, including the number of bedrooms
- The community and neighbourhood where it is located
- The age and condition of the apartment or house.
Buying a home in Cornwall
Cornwall housing prices are amongst the lowest and most affordable in Ontario. House prices for 2015 averaged only $189,994 which is well below the Ontario average.
Renting a home in Cornwall
The following shows the average rent per month for apartments in Cornwall in the year 2013:
- Bachelor Apartment: $533/month
- One Bedroom Apartment: $610/month
- Two Bedroom Apartment: $745/month
- Three Bedroom+ Apartment: $796/month
Social housing, also called subsidized housing, is where the amount of rent you pay each month is determined by your income and not by the size or type of the apartment. The rent is generally 30% of the household income. This is for people with low to moderate incomes, seniors, or people with special needs.
To find out if you are eligible for social housing, please visit the website below: