Cornwall Public Library
Cornwall has an impressive public library with an extensive collection of English and French books, magazines, audio, and video materials for research and leisure use. The library also offers general interest and educational programs. The library is centrally located in Downtown Cornwall.
Internet access is free for the public. The library also provides free access to subscription databases for research purposes.
Information Services staff help library users find materials of interest, respond to reference questions and provide reading suggestions in person, by telephone or email.
Other library services include:
- A fully accessible library building with ZoomText computer workstations, a CCTV reader, large print books and recorded books on tape and CD.
- Homebound Service for those physically unable to come to the Library.
- Interlibrary Loan Service to obtain books from other libraries.
- Microfilm readers with printer.
- Public photocopiers,faxing and printing.
- Video and DVD viewing stations.
- Community Information bulletin boards and display cases.
- Meeting rooms available for a reasonable cost.
Special collections include:
- Literacy learning materials for new adult readers and for tutors assisting adult learners.
- A business collection that offers local entrepreneurs access to directories, demographic data and online information.
- The Cornwall Room, a collection of books, archival papers and photographs of local historical interest which is operated in partnership with local history agencies and volunteers.
- The Young Adult and Children’s department offers age appropriate drop-in and registered programming that promotes school readiness, literacy, and a love of reading. The Young Adult and Children’s services staff answer questions and help find materials for homework, or simply suggest a good book to read. Contact the YAC department, check the library web site, or pick up a children’s program brochure at the library for more information.
The Cornwall Public Library is located at 45 Second Street East and can be reached at (613) 932-4796. You can also visit them online at: